The Folk House Choir
Start date: 20 April 21
Course length: -27 day course
Time: 19:00 to 20:30
Sing with the Folk House Community Choir in the heart of Bristol.
This half term it will be running online via Zoom.
Tuesday evenings 7:00 pm - 8.00/8.30pm
Next term dates:
Tuesday 20th April - Tuesday 25th May (online) - open for bookings
Tuesday 8th June - Tuesday 25th May (in person)
For all enquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A friendly choir based in the heart of Bristol. We learn songs by ear, so there's no need to read music. We don't hold auditions - come along, have a go and give it a try. Singing in a choir is one of the simplest ways to feel good.
The choir will cover a wide variety of folk songs, as well as some world and contemporary music. This choir is happy and fun-loving, our aim is to create a sense of community and a love of singing.
If you fancy giving it a go, meeting some friendly people and having a good sing then do come along. We meet at the Bristol Folk House in the Hall. The choir is conducted by Nonny Tabbush, a folk singer and choral practitioner.
The choir will hold its own concerts at the end of every term to perform the material that they have been working on, everyone is welcome to come and see what the choir has been up to. In time the choir hopes to perform at events across Bristol once the choir is established.
Our Conductor Nonny Tabbush is a fun and lively choir conductor who has experience working with singers of all ages. She has started and run several community choirs, singing a range of material including folk, world and contemporary. She also works as a vocal practitioner for Bristol Plays Music, teaching song in primary and secondary schools and she currently runs the Glox Vox choir in Bristol too.
Nonny is an experienced performer, she started her career in vocal harmony when she was 16 years old, as one of The Tabbush Sisters, who performed at folk festivals across the country. She is now in a ceilidh band called The Bristol Ceilidh Quartet.
- The choir meets on Tuesday evenings between 7.00 pm and 8.00/8.30pm, there is a tea break within this time.
- The choir does not meet during half term - please check term times to see when the next half term will be.
- If attending in person, please sign up online before you arrive, as we have limited to 20 spaces this term. You maybe be turned away if you arrive without sign up in advance if we are full.
- If you are attending online, please pay at least 2 hours before it starts and you will receive a Zoom link. Be ready to start singing at 7 pm.
- Prices are either £5 per class if you sign up for the whole term at the beginning or £6 per session drop-in.
- Bookings are non-refundable. For our full terms and conditions please ask the Folk House staff.
- The choir will sing predominantly folk songs, with scope to also incorporate contemporary and world music too, this is at the discretion of the conductor.
- Any complaints or special requests please do contact the Bristol Folk House General Manager to discuss.
Fees & Further Information